The results of Friends and Families Test for July to December 2023 are as follows:
The average for 2023 was 87.52% satisfaction, an increase from 2022 when it was 85.76%.
There were many hundreds of positive comments made, thank you. Examples;
- was able to see a doctor on the day. Great care
- an excellent consultation
- Quick appointment, seen on time and nice GP
- Can always get an appointment, staff and GP's always friendly and welcoming.
There were also some comments where the patients felt we could do better. Examples;
- can't make an appointment that suits me
- for patients in their 70's it is unreassuring when it is difficult to actually see a doctor
- why can't we telephone our own surgery?
- Why can't we book an appointment like we used to?
- when will service return to normal?
Thank you for all your comments, positive or negative. We do read them all and they are discussed at out partners meetings, to identify any common themes to look for service improvements. With regard to the comments above - the way that appointments are obtained is fully explained on the website, this is the new "normal" - patients shoudl not expect a return to the way we worked pre pandemic - as this no longer complies with the guidance we are required to work to.
Numbers of responses have also increased, giving us a better flavour of comment and the friends and families test is now live via text messaging, which has increased our returns too.
We will continue to report results etc via the website, so watch this space.